Motorola t505 + bluetooth adapter = ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cookiejuice, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cookiejuice macrumors member

I recently purchased the Motorola t505 knowing that my music on the iphone would not work via the FM transmitter due to the lack of the Iphone's A2DP capability. However, after reading reviews about the great hands free calling that the t505 provides I went ahead and purchased it anyway.

Now I am attempting to figure out how to bypass the issue of not being able to transmit the music. In the process I have considered the idea of pairing the t505 with a bluetooth adapter connected to the iphone. Would that work or do I simply not understand the technology ? Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I've done this with my iPhone.
    http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Sony TMR-BT8IP IPod Bluetooth adapter:1995184605

I bought that Sony BT8IP bluetooth adapter, its very small and very good. Pairs automatically with a nearby headset.
    My headset had 'multipoint' technology, so it could connect to multiple things
    I had it connected to the phone itself, and then i plugged in the adapter and it autoconnected to the adapter.

Then it worked just like regular headphones, playing music on iPod, then when a call comes the music stops and I can use the headset to answer the call.

If this Motorola thing you're buying cannot connect to multiple devices, that's perfectly OK. You can connect it to the sony bluetooth adapter, but you won't be able to control the phone (answer/end calls) using the motorola thing. You'll have to use the iPhone to answer/end calls but the sound of music will go to the motorola thing, ad if a call comes the music will fade out, and it will ring. Answer the call on your iPhone and the call will be handled over the motorola thing, then end the call on the iPhone and music will fade back in.

In the end I returned it because the audio quality of A2DP bluetooth is not exceptionally great. It's great for most people, but I have very discerning ears. Should sound great on this speakerphone thing though.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Lincoln05 macrumors newbie

Sony Bluetooth adapter with Iphone

I am trying to do the same thing with the Motorola motorokr T505 and Iphone 3G. I purchased the Icombi AP21 bluetooth adapter and this did not work with the FM transmitter on the T505. Have you yet tried this with the
    Sony TMR-BT8iP? Was it succussful?

Thanks

4. Frank56 macrumors newbie

Jabra A125s

The Jabra A125s Bluetooth transmitter will work with your iPhone. I have tested it, and even if the iPhone tells you that the device is not compatible, ignore it and start your music player. You will be streaming your music through your T505 (great choice by the way) either through your car speakers or your home stereo system.
    See this link : Jabra A125s Bluetooth Transmitter Review
    Hope this helps

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

ebay has relatively cheap iPhone bluetooth transmitters if you want to try a cheaper option.