Motorola v3 Razr bath!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by justaregularjoe, Sep 13, 2009.

1. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

So I got a new cell phone. Motorola Razr v3. First thing I did later that day? Went for a swim. First thing I remembered pulling my head out of the water? My pocket. Containing my cell phone.

One bag of rice, a rubbing alcohol bath and a day in front of a fan later, my Razr is frolicking upon my bedside table once more. It is fully functional, but there is one issue: the screen shutoff. When you flip a Razr closed, the screen is supposed to trung off and the screen on the front of the phone is supposed to change to the time. But it doesn't. It can't tell when it is closed, or open. Anyone know where the detector is located so I can carefully recheck the area and hopefully fix it? This phone is out of warranty.

2. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

How about this as an idea instead? Try a little honesty, and don't attempt to scam the warranty provider.

3. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

If he was thinking about scamming anyone, I'm sure he would have done that before going through all the effort of trying to salvage his phone. Isn't it more likely that he added that it was out of warranty to stop people suggesting that he just takes it to a shop to get it fixed.

4. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

My bad. Mea culpa. Upon reading it again, it sounds like the OP is asking where the flip-closed detector is, not where the water-damage detector is. My bad. As my token effort to help after jumping to bad conclusions, I'm going to suggest that you try asking over at howardforums.com They've got the best cellphone community I'm aware of, and if anybody knows how to fix it, it's them. If you need parts, try CNN.cn

Best of luck!