Motorolla Razr...transferring pics to MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 2001ChevyZ71, Jun 22, 2012.

1. 2001ChevyZ71 macrumors member

I found some pictures on my old ass Razr id really like to transfer over to my computer but i cant figure out how to do it? Theres no memory card slot. And i just tried bluetooth to no avail. How do i get this pictures off it ?

2. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Is your phone a V3 or a V3i? I assume it's a V3 since it doesn't take a memory card. The V3i does take a micro SD card. According to the manual for either, you should have no problems sending pictures to another device via bluetooth.

In case you don't have a manual, here's the procedure to send a picture, etc. to a device you have paired with the V3.

Sending a Picture, Sound, or Video:

Highlight the object on your phone that you want to send to
    the other device, then press Menu > Copy.

Select a recognized device name listed in the Object Exchange
    menu, or [Look For Devices] to search for the device to which
    you want to send the object.

3. 2001ChevyZ71, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

there is no copy button?

moreover when i try to browse device it says some ******** likes its non comptible...i've been reading that verizon crippled these phones so to speak so we would have to pay for some extra software

4. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I was able to do it over bluetooth. I don't remember how, it was years ago. But in the end it was as simple as going to "browse device" under Bluetooth in the top menu and it opened up folders on the phone I would interact with.

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

I copied the info directly from the Motorola V3 manual. If you can't transfer the pictures by bluetooth the only other option is by USB, but you need Motorola Phonetools to do that, and Phonetools costs $50.

The only other way would be if you could have the phone reactivated for a short period so you could email the photos to yourself.

6. 2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

tried it that doesnt work :mad:

might have to do that

7. 2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

is there not some software out there i can download to unlock the razr and work the way it was suppose to ?