Mount cannon camera (like a hard drive) on mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lPHONE, Feb 6, 2010.

1. lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

I list many items on eBay and I don't have the time to download pictures from my camera to iPhoto and then upload them to eBay.

It would be really nice if I could bypass the middle man and just upload strait to the web from the camera. Any ideas?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Buy a card reader. They're extremely cheap and the card will show up just like any other drive.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Not a direct answer to your topic, but you can use the Image Capture program (instead of iPhoto) to quickly get at photos on the camera.

When I'm selling something, I'll use Image Capture to quickly move the pictures a temp folder on my desktop, bypassing iPhoto completely.

Googling around to find more info on the topic, a few people said that Canon didn't put the functionality in several models for it to act as a USB "mass storage" mode. :confused:

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

This is the easiest way I've seen if you don't want to use the ImageCapture app or Canon's ImageBrowser.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I installed Canon's gimpy software but I don't use it. I have an sd card reader. We have several Canon cameras. The Point&Shoot and the DSLR only use SD card but the camcorder often saves movies to internal memory. It's a real pain because Canon requires you to hook up the ac adapter for the usb to work with the camcorder. I seem to remember that if I don't run the Canon software the camcorder still shows up as a hard drive on my desktop.