mount .iso in iOS, iDOS? (moved)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dbmnk, Feb 4, 2011.

1. dbmnk, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

dbmnk macrumors member

I have CD as .iso with a lot of legislation that when mounted in osx is browse-able and search-able in Safari. I'ts in htm and I guess just like a website, but on a CD.

Is there any way to browse that content on an iPad/iPhone?

I'm hoping that maybe an app will enable to mount .iso files
    or there is some way to convert such content to a format that you can load onto iOS.

Will it be possible to mount such an .iso in windows 3.1 in the iDOS virtualizer?

if someone wants pick up on this and possibly create an app that enables browsing the content on iDevices, I'm sure a lot of professionals worldwide would pay good for it.

The particular file I'm interested in, is this:
    http://ec.europa.eu/health/documents/eudralex/cd/index_en.htm

Edit: this post was first posted under tips, but reposted here since it'll be more appropriate

2. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

Since nobody around here knows the answers to my questions, can I please get recommendations for a place to go ask?

3. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

You could turn the htm file into a pdf which you could put on your iPad or iPhone to be read in iBooks or some sort of pdf reader.

Thats the only thing I can think of doing.

4. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the idea.
    Now it is not only one htm file, but hundreds, so do you have an idea to an automated approach?

5. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

6. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Buy a domain with hosting, copy the files onto there, browse it via any web-connected device you have. Simple.

7. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

good idea. I would, however, like to be able to browse the content without relying on internet connection. For example when flying or when in settings, where internet connection is not appropriate or feasible.

8. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

9. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

I don't know yet. Hassling around with it to convert my files, which also has css specifications, and some weird query xml files.

I get stuck in the automator not responding.

But thank you for the tip anyway - I'll let you know how it eventually turns out.

10. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

Well I have given up using the script - far too many non-htm files in this volume for making it work satisfactory.

Thank you for tool, however, which could prove useful later on.

11. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

the only other ways i can think of is finding a better convertor or opening them all up in preview in one window and saving it all as a pdf but that wouldn't work for you unless you wanted it all as one thing and not separate files.

12. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

It is paramount that I'll be able to index and browse the documents according to the original index since it otherwise will be very confusing to navigate.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to come about this.

In principle, what I want is to display an offline website on an i-device - I have extracted all files and folders from the .iso so I'm in no urgent need of a mountable feature.

13. dbmnk thread starter macrumors member

and now I've might answered my own question - seems like there are apps to host offline webpages, in particular Offline Pages, I'll try it out

14. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

I was just going to say, if you want to browse it offline, there are apps that allow you to do that.