Mount the Ipod touch to the Dash?(best product)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matias1021, Sep 18, 2007.

1. matias1021 macrumors member

OK so i listen to my Ipod in the car by simply pluggin in the Ipod to the Aux cord..

Before with the Ipod Mini, i would just change songs w/o looking....its a little harder with the touch so i was looking for a product where i could place my ipod touch in the dash...whats the best alternative out there?

Thank You...

2. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

You could try one of those non-slip cell phone mats, but whether they are good or not I dunno (never tried)

3. pushateg7 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

yikes i wouldnt risk that with the precious touch.

4. matias1021 thread starter macrumors member

5. sebast1anc macrumors member

I bought a universal dock, and I stick it on my dashboard on top of one of those rubber non-slip mats to keep it in place. I use the apple remote that came with my iMac to change songs without even having to look over at the iPod.

The only problem is sometimes if you have to break really fast, the ipod and dock flies forward, and the ipod will slide across the dashboard, but I've noticed that my iPod touch fits very snugly into the dock connector, so you shouldn't have that problem; it'll probably just tip backwards. In my old car i had the dock velcroed down and that worked well, but I don't want to stick velcro on my new car.

6. ZigZigZiggin macrumors newbie

This is what I use:
    http://www.eforcity.com/universal-pda-holder-windshield-mount-dothxxxxuph1.html
    It's only $10, and adjusts to hold cell phones, and other size MP3 players. Also, it doesn't have to suction to the windshield, the flex-arm comes off and you can attach just the holder to the air vent with supplied clips.

[​IMG]