Mountain Lion and DVD Studio Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by treehorn, Jul 30, 2012.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

I've been having an odd reoccurring problem (and wonder if anybody else is). DVDSP opens fine in Mountain Lion. And it seems to work fine creating the DVD. However...when I build the DVD the same thing happens every time. It gets to the end (Muxing track X) says 100% complete...and stops. I can't cancel. I have to force quit.

But it seems to have finished the job and created a fully functioning DVD.

When I play the DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) using DVD Player it plays fine. Goes to the end without problems, nothing seems to be missing or wonky (but of course it worries me a tad to give the DVD out to a client...or worse have replicated)

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Your best bet is to test that on multiple players from stand-alones to even mac/pc.
    It sounds like its not finishing correctly in the burn stage.
    For safety I created TS folders instead of burning.
    Then use Toast or a PC to burn the final.

3. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

I only build on DVDSP - burn folders on Toast (which is also...hicuppy - doesn't like starting up all the time unless I've done a fresh re-start).

4. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

aaaand now it's freezing when I try to save a project for the first time (I've already repaired permissions, done a "verify/repair disk" in Disc Utilities).

Man I wish Apple would give us an updated option for this program...

5. WRP macrumors 6502a

Or, you know, not upgrade to a brand new operating system immediately so you can learn of all these bugs before you get stuck.

6. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Thanks for the oh-so-helpful advice...bet you're a laugh at parties.

(had done research before hand and every indication was that the upgrade worked fine with Final Cut Studio...and figured now was a good time to try while between major projects so I could revert if necessary. And if nobody else is having problems then it could be interference with some other piece of software. And maybe...just maybe...people might benefit from figuring out incompatibilities.)

7. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

And to give some helpful advice to anyone else who may have the problem...

It seems to be linked to Compressor or Qmaster (running 3.5.3 of Compressor as I'm using FCP7). Resetting background processing in Compressor fixes the problem some of the time. Using Compressor Repair fixes it the rest (if not all the time). The problem creeps in after a while (because of course one usually uses Compressor before using DVDSP) and trying the above seems to do the trick