Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

I would like to upgrade but I'm a bit concern about compatibility with Quickbooks 2011. Anyone out there has already upgrade to ML and can tell me how is Quickbooks running?

Thanks

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Anyone knows about any other application I can use instead of quickbooks... They really pissed me off with that attitude of not giving support for Mountain Lion.

Intuit expects me to spend $200 for an upgrade. Thats not fair.

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
Bump.

Has anyone tried QB 2011 on ML? By "unsupported", do they mean, "it works but we won't support you if you run into problems", or "it doesn't work at all"?

FYI, AMazon has QB 2012 for $130 or so, not $200. Still too much to pay for an upgrade just to get ML compatibility.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Intuit is Phoquing the Mac users...again

Has anyone tried QB 2011 on ML? By "unsupported", do they mean, "it works but we won't support you if you run into problems", or "it doesn't work at all"?

FYI, AMazon has QB 2012 for $130 or so, not $200. Still too much to pay for an upgrade just to get ML compatibility.

Called Intuit. Will not support 2011 version if you upgrade to ML. BUT if you buy the $130-$200 upgrade, well, then it will work.

Wow. Such a deal.

BTW, i use the word 'phoque', which is indeed French (google it) and it means 'seal...as in the animal, BUT that's definitely not my intent here.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Anyone tried to run QB 2011 in ML?

Intuit said they won't support QB2011 in Mountain Lion but... does it runs?..

Last edited:

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
I haven't tried, although I am eager to know a bit more as well. If I recall correctly, Intuit did put out an update a couple weeks after the launch of Lion. Too bad Intuit hasn't come up with a solution for Quickbooks 2011. I mean, come on, 2011!

I need to find a new account that will work with better software.

Last edited:

Brax2003

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
I'm upgrading to Mountain Lion...

I am already downloading Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro 2010ish to see if QuickBook 2011 will function properly. I will try to update tomorrow with if it works at all or if only certain features stopped functioning.

Honumaui

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
had to go to 2012 here :(

sucks for sure and can say I wish their was a good alternate for QB but have not found one at all !!!!

we use a combination of billings and quickbooks for our design company

onep00nis

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
I'm still using Quickbooks 2010 with ML and it's working fine. Something like clicking the date to bring up the small calendar in the register window doesn't work properly but most of the function I use works fine.

Intuit said 2010 wasn't supported when Lion came out to get people to upgrade, now they're doing it again with ML. They do similar thing with Quicken.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Why not just get an external and dual boot. Or partition the internal and dual boot. So no need to upgrade. Keep 7 for the stuff you need and can't pay for like upgrading cuz its too much. And 8 for everything else.

MagOne

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2006
Monterey CA,
Quickbooks 2011 & Mt. Lion

Works great for me! Every feature seems to be working fine. Will not upgrade unless forced to and next will consider freshbooks! That $200 email upgrade was total BS! If anyone else found a issue please reply! Thanks!

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Working Fine....For Me

No problems to report running 2011 on my MacBook Pro and iMac so far this week with ML. Intuit is such a joke. I can't wait to find and get started with some better software (as long as I can merge all my QB info). Maybe I will just start fresh Q1 of 2013 with something (anything) else.

I love how in their email they mentioned to also check and make sure all other business software was compatible with ML as well before upgrading. How thoughtful. So far it all is, however. You're the only ones trying to squeeze an extra $200 out of my small gardening business so far so I can update to a new $19.99 OS on all my computers, Intuit.

Gwar

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
Hmmm, buy a second hand mac mini to act as a media server put QB10 on it, and update my mac pro to Mountain Lion, or give the thieves at intuit more money for something they will not support in 12 months.
Looks like that's the excuse I've been looking for to get a new toy

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hmmm, buy a second hand mac mini to act as a media server put QB10 on it, and update my mac pro to Mountain Lion, or give the thieves at intuit more money for something they will not support in 12 months.
Looks like that's the excuse I've been looking for to get a new toy

just wanted to say great name, greatest live band ever

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
Works fine for me.

Just wanted to post an update to my earlier question. I am now running Mountain Lion, and I have tried many of my common tasks in QB 2011 including entering deposits and checks (but not printing checks) and preparing reports for taxes. So far, no problems with QB 2011 and Mountain Lion.
We have QB server, but I am not using the Server functionality (I never have), just regular administrator login to the data file.

bnewcol

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
anyone printed checks with QB 2011 on ML?

Has anyone printed checks yet with ML and QB 2011? We too do not want to spend $200 for new software.

Peech

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
IA
OSX 10.8.1 Mt. Lion & QB2011 OSX - runs AOK

I have been using Quickbooks for Mac for several years & was forced to upgrade when OSX Lion arrived.

Deeply unhappy with the "stick it to 'em" stance that Intuit has taken for QB2011 users wanting to upgrade to OSX 10.8.1. Figuring it could not work much worse than it has, I took the chance & I upgraded my MB on Sunday (8/26/12) to OSX 10.8.1.

I have not seen any significant problems. I have not, however, printed checks. (I don't write many so I don't bother to print them.) Reports seem fine.

That said I did get a demo of AccountEdge Basic & see if that would be an acceptable alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.