Mountain Lion concern

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stuart2102, Feb 15, 2013.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

I just bought macbook pro version 10.8.2 is it mountain lion right? If it is mountain lion why is it there are some apps that does not found in my computer do i need to download that like GATEKEEPER, POWER NAP and others?

2. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

those are not separate apps. they're just names given to features built into how the OS works.

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

So meaning for the features built for mountain lion OS? But i already have mountain lion OS and i got this macbookpro yesterday Feb 14 here in Malaysia

Because i was able to access this from apple site
    http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html#quicktime

all of them are found in my macbook pro except gatekeeper and power nap 2 more others i guess

4. slattery69 macrumors regular

Gatekeeper is in settings-security from memory. Powernap is only a feature on macs with apple ssd s ie retina macbook pro and macbook air, i think though i maybe wrong

5. cherlj, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

cherlj macrumors newbie

Like VTECaddict mentioned, these are in-built OS features.

The Gatekeeper feature can be found under "Security & Privacy" in System Preferences. You are given three options with regards to downloading of applications.
    Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 6.54.31 PM.png

The Power Nap feature can be found under "Energy Saver", also in System Preferences. The only option you are given is whether to enable it or not.
    Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 6.56.51 PM.png

Hope this helps!

6. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Ohh so these are the one they referring for? I know all of this hahaha sorry my bad cuz i was thinking about word gatekeeper or a logo i saw in apple site hahaha anyway thanks for this info i appreciate it very much