Mountain Lion Installer Access if purchased system now or later.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Hello all. Just wanted to check with you guys if I purchased a system now with the free upgrade to Mountain Lion when it comes out, will I have access to the downloadable installer so I can install it on my other systems?

And if I wait for the Mountain Lion to come out and included in the system, will I be given access to the the downloadable installer from the app store? I would like to have the option to install ML on my other systems.

Thank you in advance.

2. Sumalee macrumors newbie

I read somewhere that all purchases after June 11th are eligible for ML. All you have to do is ask Apple for a redeem code or something like that. Again, don't quote on me that statement since i'm pretty sure I read it somewhere on this board.

3. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

The code redeems the purchase to your account. So as long as you login with your account you can re-download it on another machine. This is very much the same way when you buy a new Mac and iLife '11 gets attached to your Apple ID for restore and you can download those Apps on another older Mac that might have come with an older version of iLife.

4. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

So to confirm, if I wait for ML to come out shipped with my new system, I will receive a redeem code so I can download ML from the App Store?

5. KMC1993 macrumors newbie

If the machine comes with ML pre installed you will not get a redeem code.
    You should get a code if you have purchased a machine between the 11th of june, i think, and ML release date

6. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. So I would have to pay $19.95 to download ML (installer) if my machine already has ML installed when Mac is purchased?

7. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

Correct.

8. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. biohead, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

biohead macrumors 6502