Mountain Lion MacBook Pro Mid 2010 Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by randomguyishere, Jul 29, 2012.

1. randomguyishere macrumors regular

Yesterday I upgraded my mid-2010 MacBook Pro from Lion to Mountain Lion. After the initial upgrade, I was only given the option to log into the Guest account. After a restart, I was still not able to log into my personal account (no option to).

So I decided to install a fresh copy of Mountian Lion (Command+R, then reinstalled). I had backed up my Mac before the upgrade, so I had no problem with a clean wipe (so this backup was made in Lion). After successfully reinstalling ML, I restored from my Time Machine backup. I was able to log into my personal account.

After doing so, things went downhill from there. The whole system freezes literally every 1-2 minutes. I cannot open apps (or folders) whatsoever (clicking on them in the dock does nothing). The dock does not appear 60% of the time. The background turns completely gray every ~30 seconds.

I have no idea what is going on. I've searched through the web and these forums, and cannot find anyone else with these problems.

Any idea what I should do? Really don't want to make a trip to the Apple Store, but will if I have to.

Thanks in advanced :apple:

2. Retrostarscream macrumors member

Retrostarscream

Man! Major bummer, I have two 2010 Macs myself & have been holding off on ML until I see some feedback from the Macrumors community.

I have also looked up & down these forums & so far this seems to an isolated hiccup in the installation, as most ppl are reporting flawless upgrades to ML.

Yea, as much of a hassle it might be, I'd take to the genius like you mentioned & have them investigate it. It is so perplexing even after the fact that you performed a clean install.

I really hope the solution presents itself before you need to take it there but in either case I hope you get this case resolved. Best wishes.