Mountain Lion Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PeckhamBog, Jul 25, 2012.

1. PeckhamBog macrumors 6502

PeckhamBog

I run five Macs in the home for the tribe to use.

When I went to Lion I upgraded them all including migrating from MobileMe to iCloud.

Now two of the machines are not supported (MacBook late 2007) for Mountain Lion.

Does anyone know if Lion and Mountain Lion Apps will co-exist and operate smoothly?

(I'm holding off upgrading [or at least trying to] the MacBooks until Haswell next year).

2. cmdrmac macrumors regular

Many applications have already been updated for Mountain Lion and Lion. In other words, many developers have worked hard to incorporate Mountain Lion compatibility while maintaining Lion compatibility. The major difference will be that features found only on Mountain Lion may not be available to users who are using the application on a device that has only Lion installed. For the most part, many applications - as of today - should be fine if they work on Mountain Lion and Lion.

Without knowing the specific apps that you are referring to, it is somewhat difficult to know if you will have any issues. I know that there will be apps in the future (future updates as well) that will only support Mountain Lion.