Mountain lion question?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Southernboyj, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

So I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Now on the top menu bar, next to spotlight it shows my Login name, it's the only account on my laptop.. is there anyway to turn this off? It's really not needed up there and gets in the way.

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options (look for the little house) > Uncheck "Show fast user switching menu as"

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

4. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ty <3 Knew there was a way, couldn't remember how.

5. antsgeek macrumors newbie

Apple Care Customer service rep.- Alex

I tried today to upgrade to Mountain Lion -made the MISTAKE of calling Customer Support(paid for 2015) and ended up with ALEX-Apple Customer Care Rep. She tells me to go to the UpToDate.apple.com website and read it.I had to PAY/buy Mountain Lion. Explaining over and over I purchased it afterJune 11,2012 as YOUR RECORDS show ,she said I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE with you. At which point I ended the Call.

Be ware of Alex as Customer Service Apple Care Rep

Even though I paid for the EXTENDED Apple Care (2015) one would "try and try again" until they get their money's worth.

6. voidpresence macrumors member

voidpresence

personally i like having my name up there, it reminds me that this sweet mac (retina) is MINE :D:cool: