Mountain Lion Reinstall

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tingobap, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Tingobap macrumors newbie

Hello there, after two days of reinstalling Mountain Lion I am convinced something is wrong, I am now on the screen with the X displaying and 20 minutes remaining for the last 9 hour and no movement. It all started when I tried to upgrade to Mavericks and the machine crashed so I had to do an internet recovery that took over a day and another 9 hr wait. I was on this same grey Linen screen for 8hrs and I decided to restart and now after 9 more hours I am not sure what to do. Please help I am new to MACS. This is on a MBP mid 2012 and its a clean install cause I lost all my data.

2. Tingobap thread starter macrumors newbie

A quick update. I finally decided to restart MBP again after 14 hours of waiting and this time the blue installation progress bar got to the end within 20 mins. That said its been showing -3 minutes as time remaining for over 20 mins now, so I wait....

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like bad RAM or an HDD starting to fail.

4. Tingobap thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm. I wonder if it will be replaced under warranty, its almost a year since I bought it

5. Tingobap thread starter macrumors newbie

After four more hours it seems to restart the installation process and is stuck again at 20mins remaining. Surely for the cost of these machine, this is nit acceptable is it or maybe my Apple Mac expectations were too high?

6. Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

I'm surprised you haven't brought it for service yet. What are you waiting for? Report it before warranty expires. Might be hardware failure.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why are you asking for suggestion when it still has the warranty. Bring it in! It's not your expectation that has an issue.... it's your logic.

8. Tingobap thread starter macrumors newbie

I am now based in the Caribbean so yes it's not as easy as popping into an Apple Store