Mountain Lion Releasing July 17th?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ivbaseball06, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ivbaseball06 macrumors member

First off, sorry if someone has already mentioned this. I just saw it and thought it was quite convincing.

I, like many of you, think (and hope) the new iMac is coming with Mountain Lion. What everyone wants to know is when exactly is ML coming? Apple only said July, but I think they gave a hint with their presentation at WWDC:

[​IMG]

Edit: This was part of the presentation when they were showing PowerNap.

See that little Calendar icon? July 17 is a Tuesday, no less, which is (if I remember correctly) usually when they do releases. What do you guys think? Just a coincidence? Discuss!

2. dmorgan macrumors member

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but interesting observation! We can only hope...

3. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Nice find, that date seems reasonable and I hope a new iMac is also released on that date.

4. Bendrix macrumors member

Okay, you guys are gonna think I'm crazy, but isn't the 1st of August on that image a Thursday? The 1st of August 2012 is a Wednesday.

So I don't think the dates in that calendar line up with this year.

5. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Darn, that's the day I get my wisdom teeth removed...I'll probably be too drugged up to order an iMac.

6. gibjer macrumors member

Or you'll end up ordering the iMac, a huge thunderbolt raid, cinema display and new iPad.

7. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Haha, or that. Hopefully the former though.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Nope. July 17th is the default iCal (Calendar) date. For a while the app, would always default to that date when it was closed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]