Mountain Lion Sucks

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by binarygiant, Jul 26, 2012.

1. binarygiant macrumors newbie

I upgraded today and... VMWare Fusion doesn't launch, because it's incompatible with MTL. 1. That is just bs, 2. VMWare wants $49.99 to upgrade. Second complaint- remember that Mac commercial with the dipshit in the blue shirt and the fat guy with a man who appeared to be a Secret Service Agent behind him? Yeah that's the one, where Apple mocked Windows for asking all the security questions. Guess who does that now? You guessed it, Mountain Lion. He's your new security guard and by default he won't let you install apps from outside the App Store or people who are verified by Apple. This is ridiculous. Last Mac I own, and I'm switching wholesale to Linux. Thanks Crapple.

2. bradl, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This is one of those times where RTFM would come into play and find out if the software you need will work or be compatible with ML, or if any other purchase is required BEFORE upgrading.

In short, PEBKAC.

BL.

3. trustme macrumors member

Lol it's Apples fault that the app is incompatible?

Trollolololololol

4. petsounds macrumors 65816

You can turn off Gatekeeper man. I'm not a fan of it either, but your trolling kung fu is pretty weak with that being your greatest complaint about Mountain Lion.

Now, if Apple completely locks down OS X app installation in 10.9, I imagine a lot of us may leave the Mac. But for now, it's mostly the same ole open OS X we all know.

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

wait...an OS and an incompatible app? that's never happened before..:D
    you got ML for $20. buy the update, get on with it.

you CAN install any app, gatekeeper just keeps an eye on what you're installing. it's there to PROTECT you dude...

6. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

replace Mountain Lion in your topic with binarygiant.

Your main fact has to do with other software not being compatible, well it is compatible but you don't want to pay.

Also seems like clicking a button to change how your security guard works is just such a hassle.

By the type of whining you're doing I'm sure you didn't buy that Mac that you own.

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

I thought MR does not allow the creation of empty posts.

8. Jeff Chen macrumors member

Jeff Chen

Conclusion: OP is a guy who can't afford to upgrade his software, and who can't find where to disable the security checks of the OS.

Linux? I think you are gonna have 10,000 times harder time finding stuff and make them work :cool:

9. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I think he knows about that since he said "by default", so he probably changed it already.

10. Jeff Chen macrumors member

Jeff Chen

Or he read about this by default thing because it's also on the Apple website, but failed to find it in the system preferences and got pissed off. ;)

http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/security.html

Search "default".

11. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

So to sum up your complaints:

1. A third-party app isn't compatible on day one with a brand new operating system.

2. You don't like a default security preference and you have to click a checkbox (once) to change it.

12. wditters macrumors member

VMware Fusion 4.1.3 runs just fine on my MBA2012 with ML. Nothing wrong with it ...

13. 618537 Guest

I'm assuming he's using VMWare Fusion 3.x as mentions the need to upgrade for $49.99.

OP should buy the new software, updates aren't just released for the fun of it and compatibility limitations are there for a reason.

14. wditters macrumors member

Exactly

15. alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

The second I read the post, my reaction was this. Haha.

1. Dude, it's your fault for not checking application compatibility before you updated.

2. You can disable the Mac App Store/Dev ID only feature in System Preferences.

Hope you switch to Ubuntu. That's as 'friendly' as Linux gets. Hahaha.

16. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

Thanks APPLE! YOU BROKE EVERYTHING!

Cant print.

Laggy Scrolling

Slow Webpage loading

Slow everything!!!

WELL DONE ANOTHER CRAP SOFTWARE LAUNCH!

17. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I agree. I think ML is complete garbage because I threw my keyboard on the ground and jumped up and down on it until it was in multiple pieces. I then glued it back together and plugged it into my mac. AND DAMN ML COULDNT MAKE IT WORK. I'm gonna switch to Linux where nothing works so at least all parts of my system will be in sync. :p

18. 01mggt macrumors 6502

19. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Everything is perfect on my system. Must be something on your end.

20. trustme macrumors member

I heard Windows is pretty fast.

21. 618537 Guest

Maybe you should come down off the ranting horse and call Apple for help?

22. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

I don't think Mountain Lions suck except for when they are cubs feeding from their mother, during the rest of their lives they tend to eat by chewing and drink using their tongues to scoop in water.

23. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

The guy signed up in July 2012 and posts a thread called Mountain Lion Sucks and you all take the bait? :rolleyes: