Mountain Lion Up to Date for Refurbished MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alchemistmuffin, Jun 18, 2012.

1. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

Hi there.

Couple of days ago, I bought a refurbished MacBook Pro (13 inch, late 2011) from Apple Store Online.

However, on the website regarding Mountain Lion Up To Date, there was nothing about Refurbished Macs getting a free upgrade, and only new macs.

Did Apple change their policy, and are now no longer including Refurbished Macs onto their Up to Date Programs?

2. tuxon86 macrumors 65816

Refurbs come with the original os for that gen machine.

3. alchemistmuffin thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, but in the past, after Apple announces the new OS during WWDC, any macs purchased between the announcement and the the actual OS release, refurbished or not also gets a newer OS as part of up to date program, either in a disc, or via promo code for Mac App Store (which was the case for Lion)

Last year, Apple included Refurbs as part of the Up to Date program as well, so I was wondering if Apple is doing the same for this year as well. (If not, well, I'll have to plunk down $20 from the savings)

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

5. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

Intrested in the answer, too.

Also, does buying a brand new late 2011 MBP after june 11th as a qualifying mac?

6. proximo macrumors member

I'm interested too (bought a late 2011 refurb on June 12th) but I suspect the answer will be "You got a substantial discount on your refurb so paying $20 to upgrade to Mountain Lion shouldn't be a problem."

7. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

8. eh270 macrumors regular

Hah, I bought a refurbished iMac on June 11 (cutoff!) and was initially excited until I saw the words "new qualifying Mac" :(

Fingers crossed, but.. it's only $19.99, so can't really complain TOO much :) .. of course, I might feel differently had I bought my iMac on July 25th.