Mountain Lion upgrade availability.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silverdogz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. silverdogz macrumors newbie

silverdogz

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering whether my ancient Macbook Pro would be able to support Mountain Lion. Its model id is 1,2 and has 4GB RAM. I would like to know before I download the huge package and find out it doesn't work.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

2. Bear macrumors G3

Mountain Lion is not yet released. When Apple announces the actual release date, they will post a list of supported systems.

If you're a registered developer, you can see what the preliminary list of supported systems is on the Apple Developer site.

3. mac-collector macrumors regular

mac-collector

From someone who isn't a registered developer: What are the oldest MBPs to support ML? I read somewhere that it can run only in 64-bit mode. Does that mean my MBP 2,2 won't support it? Thanks

4. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

We'll know soon enough. From what I've read somewhere, ML will be running in machines that support Lion. Perhaps someone can confirm about specifics on ML's 64-bit mode.

5. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Your Mac must support 64-bit EFI to run Mountain Lion. That means all 2006 Intel Mac models and some 2007 models are not supported. Pretty much everything 2009 and later is supported, including the Mac Mini. Some 2007 iMacs are supported, from what I understand. Early Mac Pro models (Woodcrest, Clovertown) are not supported for running Mountain Lion.