Mountain Lion Upgrade program Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mykelala01, Jul 31, 2012.

1. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

I am qualify as a ML upgrade program because I just bought a shiny new macbook pro...1 day after ML was release. But on the day of the released of mountain lion I purchase the OS for $20. Now I am requesting a refund. I guess my refund was approved. But I got a question about the representative email.

'I can reverse the charges for this purchase, however, you will not be able to update the app in the future and it will be removed from your purchase history. I would suggest for you to redeem the free update first before we proceed with the refund"

Ok I redeem the update.. what does she mean "I can't upgrade the apps in the future." So there is no way I can upgrade my mountain lion if software update comes out?

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It means you enter the info to activate the free upgrade first. Then they will refund your money. This will insure you can obtain future upgrades that are free. Major point upgrades are the ones we must pay for.

It's just a matter of sequence this one time only for you. After that you're all set. Apple is quite good at seeing that your refund comes in about 7 to 10 days or less.

3. mykelala01 thread starter macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Ok thanks