Mountain Lion with the new models ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hemagoku, Apr 28, 2012.

1. hemagoku macrumors member

i was thinking of getting a mbp, and was wondering, what do you guys think ? ,the new 2012 models will be released with mountain lion when its released ?
    if not, does that mean if i buy at the release, i don't get my mountain lion copy and be like the 2011 models guys (with lion and have to buy mountain lion) ?

*mountain lion is kinda a big part of me wanting the mbp*

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Mountain Lion will most likely be a free upgrade. As for if the new macbook pros will have it, that will depend on when they are released. If they are released when/after mountain lion is released, they will have it, if they are released before, they won't.

3. Bear macrumors G3

It all depends on when the MBP models get released and when Mountain Lion gets released. MBP is sometime in the next couple of months. Mountain Lion is Summer.

If Mountain Lion is released first, it will come on the new MBPs of course. If the MBP is released first, you may be eligible for a free upgrade to Mountain Lion depending on the purchase date of the MBP and the release date of Mountain Lion. It is likely the upgrade will be at most $30, so nothing to worry about really.

There's been no indication that it will be free for sure. The thinking is that with $30 upgrades, they may continue to charge for them. We won't know until Apple states what the upgrade policy is.

4. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

For recent MacBook pro purchases (especially if it's a redesign), they will give you a free copy of ML. There's a deadline, last year it was June I think

5. hemagoku, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

hemagoku thread starter macrumors member

when is exactly that summer cuz here summer IS within the next few month xD.

i kinda want it in the vacation before the new semesters so i can get used to it in case i may use it in projects or something.

by deadline u mean like those who bought their devices after June got a free lion copy ? (assuming lion was released after it by few months)

6. Bear macrumors G3

Northern Hemisphere 2012 Summer. So somewhere between the next solstice and the next equinox.

There was a date in June that anyone buying a Mac after it would get a free upgrade to Lion. Lion was available as of July 20, 2011.

7. hemagoku thread starter macrumors member

ah i see, i guess i shall wait that notice, if i can resist longer xD.

thanks guys ^^ .