Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rayxxy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Rayxxy macrumors newbie

I wonder if when they realese the mountain lion there is also a new mac coming out?:confused: I want a new mac with the mountain lion in it. i don't mind waiting till summer. Want new mac and new program. :)

2. simsaladimbamba

We don't know, but after a month of availability of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Macs will ship with the new excrement.

3. Rayxxy thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean by that?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

He doesn't like ML ...

5. simsaladimbamba

"We don't know" = We, as the people of MacRumors, have no idea, if Apple will wait with the release of an updated iMac until OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion ships. Current rumours indicate a June / July release of an updated iMac, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion will probably arrive in August or September.

"but after a month of availability of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Macs will ship with the new " = when OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is released, it will probably take a month or so until all available Macs ships with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on it and not with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

"excrement" - my opinion of the direction of Mac OS X, but that is due to no proper Spaces and Exposé since Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

----------

Probably.

6. heimbachae macrumors regular

heimbachae

holy crap someone agrees with me that OS X has taken a nose dive after SL?! vindication!

7. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Unfortunately no one knows the answers to your questions except Apple. As you may know Apple very infrequently announces new products. What we do know is Apple has announced Mountain Lion will be released this Summer. We also know what Apple has published on http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/ . We have absolutely no idea when models will be released or what they will physically look like or how they will be configured. Remember this site is call MacRumors and any information you get from this site about future products should only be read for entertainment value.

8. Rayxxy thread starter macrumors newbie

That's ture, i really do want an imac right now, but i see ther are realeseing that this Summer. So i want it with an imac that has the new version in it.

9. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Buy iMac now upgrade to mountain lion once it's released. Problem solved:D

10. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

I agree with the previous poster, if you want a new iMac now then get one. When ML is released later this summer, upgrade to it. The last two OS X upgrades (Snow Leopard & Lion) have both cost less than $30 so if history is a good judge you can expect ML to be in the same ballpark.

11. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

No doubt, there will be a cut off date for a free upgrade to ML if you buy the next iMac and ML has not released by then. If not it is only $30

12. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Why buy a new iMac when a brand new one is coming soon? Do any of us know exactly when? No, but we do know it's very soon.

13. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Exactly! Just like the Mac Pro update right? Oh wait :rolleyes: buy now if you need to.

14. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

You're comparing a computer that millions buy to one not many people buy. Come on.

15. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Jeremy, nobody can say with any certainty when the new iMac will be released but we can take educated guesses. The availability of Ivy Bridge has not saturated enough to allow a full release on the scale Apple requires.
    We have seen no dwindling supply of iMacs to resellers (Usually a first sign followed by a leaked system spec and new SKU codes).

I don't think Apple are going for a very staggered release this year, Macbook Air ULV Ivy Bridge chips will not be available until June, Apple may hold off a refresh of the majority of its Mac lineup until all the line can be released with new specs.

If the refresh does not happen mostly, not completely, mostly across the range of available Macs then Apple know customers will continue to hold off or buy a competitors updated product or perhaps go for a different Mac that has been updated. If the customer buys a different Mac the margins may be less, still business but not good business when they can evoke choice.

16. Rayxxy thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, we all know its coming soon.

----------

Yea, but if i buy it now, then when the new comes out, it will be better (the comp). Then i won't have to buy ML for 25-35$.

17. wpotere Guest

You will find that there are a few of us that agree. I don't like the new versions either. It feels like Apple has gone the route of Microsoft ME and stayed there....

18. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Do you really need a better computer then what is already out? Ivy bridge isn't a huge upgrade over Sandy bridge.

19. Rayxxy thread starter macrumors newbie

Just like to it seem to be better:) And maybe it wiil be bigger and stuff

20. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

There's no chance the iMac will be bigger then it already is. Resolution isn't up to par. Apple dropped the 24" and 30" display for a reason. Update this time around won't be revolutionary. You must be waiting for bluetooth 4.0:p

21. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

True, it probably won't be a revolutionary update, but we won't know what kind of changes Apple has in store until they release it. ;)

22. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

For me, the biggie is USB 3.

23. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Educated guesses can suggest ivy bridge processors, bluetooth 4.0, USB 3, thunderbolt, same screen size, probably less chin to match the thunderbolt display.

24. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I currently use a Mac Pro at work with Dell monitors. If they change the chin on the iMac to match the Thunderbolt display, I might go that route. A fully loaded iMac with two Thunderbolt displays would be gorgeous! :D

25. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Even better if the applied the black bezel to the iMac.