Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cindyjj, Jan 23, 2016.

1. cindyjj macrumors regular

I have Macbook Pro late 2011 which came with Lion. I installed Mountain Lion a few months ago and it worked great. Then my HD became damaged I just installed a new HD and command r brought it to Lion, which I loaded. I want Mountain Lion again - I can't find it to reload it. It must be in my app purchases or something. Can someone indicate exactly where to find it? Thanks.

I have other questions about the HD restore in another thread I still need answered. Thank you.

2. KimUsername macrumors member

Go to App Store and click on purchased. They should all be there.

Kim

3. MrAverigeUser macrumors 6502a

MrAverigeUser

Why do you open a dozen Threads for the main problem?
    You could easily continue with the original thread…. if you have more questions about your problem…

That is correct.

Some weeks ago I reactivated my iTunes access and I was astonished to find the possibility to download Mavericks. It seems to me that longtime ago I downloaded or clicked on it it (but never installed) and it is still there and I could still download it. Good thing...

4. KimUsername macrumors member

I found this on the apple site. http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion
    Looks like you can still buy mountain lion.

Kim

5. MrAverigeUser macrumors 6502a

MrAverigeUser

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you purchased Mountain Lion, then it will still be in your purchases, in the App Store.
    If Mountain Lion is not in your Purchased tab in the App Store, then view your account (in the App Store/Store menu)
    You have an option to hide any purchased app. Check for hidden apps, which will give you the option to Unhide any that you have hidden.
    Also, try clicking on "Reset all warnings for buying and downloading", which might change what you see in your App Store.
    If you are certain that YOU bought Mountain Lion, you can also contact AppleCare for support with your AppleID account.
    Do you have just one AppleID account? If you have others, you should also try logging in to your other AppleID, where the App Store will ONLY display purchases for one AppleID account...