iPad MountainLionCentre - New Notification Centre Tweak Now Available

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Frenchjay, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Might jailbreak again and try this out since you say there's no lag or performance issues. Can you tell me which SB Settings (hopefully not a Winterboard theme, cause I loathe Winterboard lol) for Notification Center you're using, as it looks really 'integrated' as opposed to the hideous red/green stock SB Settings.

3. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

It works absolutely perfectly with no lag or visual UI disturbance whatsoever. I'm afraid the SbSettings theme is Jaku so you will have to buy the package to get the Sbsettings theme. The great thing is now the Notification Centre is full length, giving you more space for tweaks or to read more lines from an email for example. That can be achieved with another tweak called 'More Lines In NC' which gives the options to set a customs number of lines for a notification to display.

This is really great and there is no problems with it.

4. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

This one of those tweaks that looks cool but once you try it you notice you don't need it. Tried it. Pretty cool concept but I don't need it.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I just noticed that with this tweak, notifications that have the banner turned on stretch all the way across the screen. Like, when you get a new iMessage/text, the banner goes all the the way across the screen, edge to edge.

Hey, does anyone know how to get the Twitter, news and Facebook feeds in the NC like the guy does in the video?

7. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Intelliscreen x from cydia. $10

8. Sylon, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Thanks!

EDIT: They just pushed an update, but all it does is prevent those people with iOS 5.0.1 from installing it as it has crashing issues with that version of iOS.

9. hamsup1o, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

hamsup1o macrumors member

not compatible with FullScreen for iPad gestures

Edit: Nm..FullScreen gestures does not required swiping from edge. thanks Altimax98!

10. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

it's fully compatible lol. I have activator running and full screen and as long as you don't swipe from the edge of the screen your fine. 90% of my gestures are from the interior of the screen and it works great.

Op I love that theme

11. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

There is another theme called Serious Sbsettings, it's free and comes installed with sbsettings, it looks remarkably similar, a little less flashy.
    [​IMG]

12. hamsup1o macrumors member

I always thought I had to swipe from the edge with FullScreen. Thanks for the tip!

Is anyone having trouble closing the notification center while in an app? I can swipe to open the NC but can't close it by swiping or tapping. Only way to close it is using the home button. I am able to swipe/tap it close on the home screen though.

13. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I haven't had any issues. A single-finger tap or swipe closes it just fine. What apps are you running that it gets stuck like that? Is it with any app?

14. hamsup1o macrumors member

Looks like IntelliscreenX is the culprit. After disabling the plugin, the swipe/tap to close is working again inside an app. I wouldn't have thought IntelliscreenX would be causing the problem since it's in the developer's video demo. :rolleyes:

15. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

Just swipe the live window to the right and voila it goes away :)

16. hamsup1o macrumors member

Thanks but that doesn't work with IntelliscreenX enabled. When I disabled ISX, the swipes would function properly.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Pretty cool little tweak. I don't normally use NC all that much however, with this now installed, I think I might have to start using it more. No issues on my end either with this.

18. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Installed this tonight and am very impressed with it!

I hated how the NC looked on the iPad, it felt like the iPhone version just 'tacked on', but this feels far more native to the iPad. I also like how the notifications banner runs the length of the screen instead of, again, being like a tacked on iPhone banner.

Great find, Frenchjay! :D

19. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

No problem! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it. It does feel more natural than the tacked on Notification Centre. Now with all that space you can add 'More Lines In NC' so you can read a lot more of your email without navigating to the mail.app.

20. tonyz3 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have this issue.

I have intellescreenx set up with mounainlioncenter. My issue is when i tap on a stoy from Rss feed page it opens up in the half screen part of the mountainlion section. The story is only half the page and not centered...

Any fixes for this?

Tony

21. Avalon74 macrumors member

22. apazjoker, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

apazjoker macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Thanks;)

23. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

How did you make SBS integrate with it? Thanks!

24. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

That's what happens when you install it. Maybe you need SbSettings installed as well to get the icons. :)