Mountie -- Anyone Tried it w/ the new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bryan Bowler, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Has anyone tried out their Mountie yet with the new 15" TB MBP? I'm curious to see if it will fit properly since the new MBP has thinner bezels. I don't want to buy it if it overlaps and puts pressure onto the display.

https://tenonedesign.com/mountie.php

2. fs454 macrumors 68000

Based on the image and how much clearance it has on the pre-2016 models, that piece will certainly be touching the display area a little. Can't test for myself, though, other than having both a Late 2013 and a 2016 side by side.

3. Bryan Bowler thread starter macrumors 68040

That's what it looks like to me too. Aside from that potential showstopper, it looks like a great tool to use when utilizing Duet Display while traveling.

There's gotta be someone out there that already had a Mountie and now has the new MBP...they just need to see this thread so we can get a solid answer.

4. james948 macrumors 6502

5. james948 macrumors 6502

I can confirm it works. It doesn't quite interfere with the bezel. I found it needs to be made thicker though so used one of the plastic stickers that came with it.

6. tomislavf macrumors member

How safe is this? Mounting a iPad Pro 9.7" to the screen of the 2016 MBP?

7. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I would think that since the display got thinner on the new MBP the design may need updating. May work, but I don't think it would be as secure.

8. james948 macrumors 6502

I'm using it on my mac mini As you can see it does touch the lcd but I don't notice it. It seems sturdy. That said, I won't use it on that side all the time; will switch it up.

I only just found out that my second mountie is useless because Duet Display only works on one at a time :(

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]