mounting bikeing with 6+

itsmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
N ireland
Hi the 6+ is a bit big to keep in my pocket when mtb.
I'm looking for a pouch to fit to my Osprey Viper 9 strap.
Anyone know of a good secure pouch?

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Hi the 6+ is a bit big to keep in my pocket when mtb.
I'm looking for a pouch to fit to my Osprey Viper 9 strap.
Anyone know of a good secure pouch?

What type of mountain biking are you doing? I mean, if you are doing single track with log overs and obstacles, I would avoid putting it in a pouch on the bike. I keep my phone in my Wingnut Hyper 3.0 side pouch. It is easy to get to and less likely to get damaged when I am riding.

----------

Why you looking any further than a QuadLock?

www.quadlockcase.com

Not out til November mind, but I'll make do for now - the 5 case was awesome.
LOL, that would never survive with the type of MTB riding it do.

itsmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
N ireland
What type of mountain biking are you doing? I mean, if you are doing single track with log overs and obstacles,
Do mostly single-track bit of everything defonality wouldn't mount it to the bike would have iphone racked lol
Could keep it in my backpack, but would have to take it off when I need the phone

hypno

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
I just carry mine in my camelback in a thick felt pouch to protect the screen. Lots of sand where I ride that gets everywhere, including the camelback, so it can scratch the screen pretty easily. If something is worth a picture it is worth the extra couple minutes to stop and pull it form the pack!

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Do mostly single-track bit of everything defonality wouldn't mount it to the bike would have iphone racked lol
Could keep it in my backpack, but would have to take it off when I need the phone

You might try finding a pouch (like Lowepro) or something that you can mount to the harness up front so that it is readily available. My 5S lives in a Lifeproof case plus in my Wingnut pouch. I'm sure you could toy around with a few different solutions.

You might be able to mount something like this or similar up to your rig.

http://store.lowepro.com/pouches/tahoe-30

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Ohh. That's a toughie. I'm not sure I have any recommendations, but if you could maybe strap it to your arm somehow? I don't know if that is recommendable or not. I've never gone mountain biking before

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.