Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anoi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2006
I have a media computer in my house, and a Mac Mini that's connected to a TV. This Mac Mini mounts shares from the Windows media machine. These shares are mounted at login by an Automator script, however, when the Mac goes to sleep and then recovers, it loses the shared drives! How can i get it to remount these shares when recovering from sleep?

Thanks

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
If you haven't already, try opening up Disc Utility and mount them from there. Even though they are unmounted when your mac wakes up, they should show up in the DU. Select what you want and choose mount from the tool bar. Hope this helps.

Anoi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2006
That doesn't really help :) What i'm after is for them to automount, like they do when i login. It's my parents machine and so having it work automatically is the best option, and avoids confusion!

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Anoi said:
That doesn't really help :) What i'm after is for them to automount, like they do when i login. It's my parents machine and so having it work automatically is the best option, and avoids confusion!

My workaround is to create an Automater program that mounts all the drives, and then copy it to the dock, so when I return from sleep I just click the little robot in the dock and it re-mounts all of my shares.

Anoi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2006
rockstarjoe said:
My workaround is to create an Automater program that mounts all the drives, and then copy it to the dock, so when I return from sleep I just click the little robot in the dock and it re-mounts all of my shares.

That's how it is at the moment :)

But it's not ideal, as it adds an extra step which to a lot of people (eg. my parents!) is just annoying and confusing!

I think i found a program called sleep-something (i forget the full name) which might work, i'll look into it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.