Mounting iphone in Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pdehondt, Dec 25, 2010.

1. pdehondt macrumors newbie

pdehondt

Hi all,

I've been using XP for the last ten years and know it almost inside out. It beats my how easy things can be done with a mac.

I've been learning now for a month working with my new MPB and really love it. Everything is really easier and smoother with the MAX OS.

One thing on the other hand though is the usage of my iphone 4 with the mac... it's nice to see the integration in iphoto etc.. but one thing i really haven't sorted out yet. Mounting the iphone in my finder??

I found a great "payable??" tool called phone disk that i have now running as a trail - but i'm sure that these tools aren't really necessary to mount an iphone in finder. Or at least i would hope so.

I would use this feature to easily and quickly browse the contents of my iphone like pics, videos for deletion or copy to another folder without using the iphoto app.

Iphone 4 - latest update
    Mac OSX 10.6.5

Does anybody has any tips how to mount your iphone in the finder for free, without any hassels?

grtz, peter

2. looter macrumors newbie

Mount iPhone

To my knowledge, the iPhone cannot be mounted as such. The main interaction is through iTunes (app/movies/music) and iPhoto (pictures) over USB. If you Jailbreak it I believe that and many more things are possible.

You can also use Dropbox and/or iDisk for file storage/access/sharing.

I’ve had Macs since the early 1990s and the iPhone since 3G. Currently iPhone 4 and 10.6.6.