Mounting iSight

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by I HAVE NO IDEA, May 25, 2007.

1. I HAVE NO IDEA macrumors newbie

Hey all.

Just wanted to know how people mounted their iSight cameras to there monitors.

I have the 30" dell and the external iSight. i dont feel like sticking the double stick tape on to my beautiful monitor.

what ways do you guys(and gals) mount yours? Maybe there is something new i dont know about....

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have an old grandma or grandpa laying about? Someone with a generous heart may be able to hold it atop your display for you.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I used to use the magnetic mount with my Samsung LCD (I guess it was metal on the top) and it worked great! I know it's not designed for anything other than the iMac or ACD, but it's worth a try.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

rather than use apple's double sided tape, i'd look into 3M's mounting tape the ones with the tabs for easily removal? might be your best bet for getting it off easy in the future.

also there was an accessory made that had a base and flexible neck. don't remember the name or company right now. thought it was griffin, but apparently not. you could look around for that.

5. Mark13 macrumors newbie

Probably the best soultion, although expensive, is this

http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=138

you just need the iSight Tripod Mount and then any (mini)tripod. Expensive for a small piece of plastic, but the best option IMHO.

Just wanted to know how people mounted their iSight cameras to there monitors.

I have the 30" dell and the external iSight. i dont feel like sticking the double stick tape on to my beautiful monitor.

what ways do you guys(and gals) mount yours? Maybe there is something new i dont know about....[/QUOTE]

6. I HAVE NO IDEA thread starter macrumors newbie

[/QUOTE]

That thing looks good, i cant figure out how to change the lens though, maybe i will just have to try it...

thanks for the link

7. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I use the magnetic mount that came with the iSight with my Dell screen, works a treat.