Mountwatcher alternatives?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pszilard, Mar 1, 2013.

1. pszilard macrumors member

I am on OS X 10.8.3

I am frustrated as hell that my mounted NAS shares disappear after suspends and sometimes even under normal operation. This is especially a pain, when I open Lightroom and find that it has lost connection to all my photos, until I re-mount and then re-connect in Lightroom.

Anyway, I was delighted when I came across MountWatcher, as it claimed to do exactly what I wanted. The operative word, however, is "claimed"! For my system, it just doesn't work! I can easily manually mount shares, but MountWatcher is simply unable to do this. It DOES detect when the share is mounted, and can Dismount, but not mount. And YES I did configure it with the working User ID/Password. I have sent a message to the developers, but I would like an alternative.

So is there a working alternative to MountWatcher???

Thanks guys...

2. pszilard thread starter macrumors member

I may have found the solution.

I found an AppleScript to do the mounts, which also didn't work, but made me think that perhaps the problem was in the name resolution, so I put in the NAS's IP address, which worked.

So I went back to MountWatcher, which I guess is just a a GUI for doing this, and used the IP instead of the NAS name, and that worked too! :)