Mourning the loss of my Cozip iPod Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rdhatch, Jul 16, 2008.

1. rdhatch macrumors newbie

My fellow Mac geeks/aficionados/newbs:

I discovered quite a while ago a case on Amazon.com that was simply divine for the 1st Gen iPhone. This case was made by Cozip out of Korea. Here is a link to a likeness of this case:

Link to Cozip official website

Here is a link on Amazon

Now, let me give you a brief review of this case. It was not particularly protective of your iPhone (If you dropped it more than about 15 feet it was time for a new phone) but it had many of the glorious features that an iPhone case should have. A) it was very slim. You didn't notice that it was even on your phone. All access to buttons were flawless. B) When pulling it out of your pocket, it didn't snag on silicon or other rubbery substances...it slid out very nice. C) This case did provide enough protection that when dropped, it wouldn't allow the corners of your phone to get dented (I dropped my phone many times and my Cozip case always came through). It was also just barely rubberized enough that it wouldn't slide around on my desk or dashboard of my car. Finally, this case was _cheap_. At $14.00, you couldn't go wrong. It clipped on very easily, never came off, allowed perfect access to all the keys, and was very cool in that it proudly displayed the Apple logo on the back of the phone.

Cozip has not released or mentioned the release of a new case like this for the 3G phone...and for that reason I am distraught. Take a moment to look at this case, pray about it :), and plead with Cozip to do another case like it. If you know of a case similar to it, or you feel the same about this Cozip case, please either reply and let me know what you know about other cases or a replacement Cozip case! My whole company is going to write Cozip to have them ramp up production of their last case for the 3G iPhone as it stood alone in our minds and being the best case ever for the iPhone.

What do you all think? Ideas of better cases? News on new Cozip Cases? I want something SLIM and very similar to what I already had with Cozip.

Cheers!

Ryan :apple:

2. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Fear not, on the way

Just got this e-mail (I asked about 3g support a few weeks ago). The website doesn't have images yet...

Dear Jason,

Thank you for the email.

Cozip will be offering iPhone 3G cases as two piece one set product.

You can use lower part alone for slim fit just like 2G case.

Or you can use lower and upper case together for more protection.

When you get color and transparent cases together, you can use them as below;

- iPhone 3G on lower color case

- iPhone 3G on lower and upper cases

- iPhone 3G on transparent lower case

- iPhone 3G on transparent lower and upper case

- AND iPhone 3G with lower color case and transparent upper case

So we are planning to sell the product in a set of color and transparent ones.

Product should be ready by the 6th of August.

The delay came from the minor design change.

I have to admit that we couldn’t make a quick start for iPhone 3G launching.

But please take this delayed schedule as our sincere effort to provide the best products for our valuable customers like you.

You can see the iPhone 3G case images on our renewed website at www.cozip.com soon.

Thank you for your patience and support.

chully

e1GLOBAL

3. alshead macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update

I'm with you- the CoZip was hands down my favorite case for the 1st gen phone and I can't wait until they have a version for 3G.

4. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

I had a Cozip (black) on my 1st Gen iPhone and loved it!
    Great product for the price.

5. DeltaHF macrumors member

I couldn't agree with you guys more, the Cozip case for the first gen iPhone was too good to be true. Other iPhone owners who saw my phone also fell in love with it and soon ordered their own. The new 3g case launches tomorrow, but a "mockup" image is posted on their website. Considering the cult status of this minimalist case, I doubt many of us will opt for the front cover. I'm just glad it is optional! :D

[​IMG]

6. thelarster macrumors newbie

This case does look pretty sweet... is it still coming out today? On their site or Amazon?

7. patd macrumors member

It looks like it has been delayed until the 11th, That's what the web site says.

8. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

That's a bummer, still waiting for this. I'm also only going to use the back, and keep my crystal shield on the front...

9. alsfries macrumors newbie

what's taking so long?

Has anyone been able to get one of the new 3g cases? I've been waiting and waiting. There seems to be no way to contact them through the website and STILL so many of the links are dead. They stand such a good chance at having a superb case on the market and making a killing, but they can't even get things up and running!

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

just checked out the pics on their site. that front plate is fug

11. alsfries macrumors newbie

Response from e1Global

They wrote me back last night- similar response to previous post above, but it says they'll be available on Amazon by next week:

Thank you for the support and I have to apology the late supply.
    You wanted to order iPhone 3G case.
    You can order directly from me at this email.
    Or if you are in US, you can buy them on Amazon market from next week.

Here is the order information from SAM (Small Account Manager).
    Price of color iPhone 3G case is USD 14.99 for Regular (with or without
    Cozip logo).
    Price of Tattoo case is USD 19.99 which is a laser engraving on Regular.
    You can refer to iPhone 2G section at www.cozip.com for the design.
    And price of transparent case is USD4.99.

iPhone 3G case consists of top and bottom pieces.
    I have to ask your understanding that I don't sell bottom half only.
    And transparent case by itself is not available for the order.

Products come in black, blue, red, pink, white, and silver colors.
    Or it comes in transparent as plain one.
    When you order, I need your confirmation on color, Cozip logo or Tattoo
    engraving.

For your saving, SAM provides you the combined shipping.
    Up to USD59.99, shipping will be USD20.00.
    Up to USD109.99, shipping will be USD35.00.Up to USD299.99, shipping will be
    USD50.00.
    Maximum selling is USD300.00.

You can pay the total to chully1@gmail.com through PayPal.
    And please let SAM know your address and phone number for the delivery.
    SAM will send you the EMS tracking number after the payment confirmation
    from PayPal.
    Normally it takes 4-5 days for the delivery.
    Single order is not for resale, so products come in polybag only.

Thank you and regards,

chully
    SAM (Small Account Manager)
    e1GLOBAL - ALL eXPORT of COZIP