mouse acceleration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ghking, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

today i got a Logitech LX7 wireless mouse. The acceleration curve is very strange. I think it is combining its own preferences with the built in mac preferences, because each of their own "tracking speed" sliders in both preference panes (the regular Keyboard and Mouse pane and the Logitech pane) have control over the tracking speed. If i plug in a regular apple mouse at the same time the acceleration on that is normal. is there a way to use only the apple Tracking Speed preferences for the Logitech mouse?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Yes, there is: get rid of the Logitech driver. Their "drivers" are actually input manager hacks that aren't exactly kosher with some parts of the system, so I would never install them in the first place.

3. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

I have this problem too. Scrolling is the only thing that sucks about LCC. Without LCC I scroll perfectly, with it it's screwy. But without it I can't assign buttons. I tried SteerMouse but it sucked worse. I just mess with all three scroll settings (including Apple's own in the Keyboard & Mouse Prefs) to find the most confortable thing.

4. ghking thread starter macrumors regular

ghking

if i uninstall the driver, wont i not be able to assign things to the other buttons on the mouse?

EDIT: wait ocelot said that already

so i guess i still need that
    unless theres a way to only disable the logitech acceleration or assign buttons some other way without the driver

5. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Bud, I've been looking for a way to do either of those the past few days. If I find anything, I'll make sure to post it here. I do know you can assign the Exposé and Dashboard functions to the mouse no problem without it. But there are other functions I need. I sent feedback a few days ago to Apple about more options, since Apple could technically build it in for all mice.

6. ghking thread starter macrumors regular

ghking

ok i will. how do you assign dashboard and expose stuff?

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

In the Exposé/Spaces preference panes.

8. ghking thread starter macrumors regular

ghking

ok does anyone know how to uninstall the logitech driver so i can try other things?

9. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Without LCC: Open the Exposé & Spaces preference pane in Leopard (or Dashboard & Exposé in Tiger) and to the right of the drop-down menus for the keyboard keys are menus for mouse button numbers. It's all just a matter of figuring out which number is for which button.

10. ghking thread starter macrumors regular

ghking

11. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

If you haven't found it already, there's an LCC Uninstaller in the Utilities folder within Applications. I'll check that driver out, thanks.

Well that USBOverdrive was painful to use. I did find out LCC v2.0 works a little better than 2.4.