Mouse advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mbabauer, Jun 5, 2007.

1. mbabauer macrumors regular

I have a MBP 2.0 gHz Core Duo, which usually is used in "Desktop" mode, being attached to a 20" Apple Cinema, a BT Apple Keyboard, and a Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse.

I like the feel of the MX1000, but its always been quarky. The mouse will sometimes jump irradically, scroll wheel will scroll one way repeatedly, and sometimes it gets "jittery". For the most part, these things have been infrequent enough that it wasn't too much a problem and I could usually just hit the reset button on the mouse and base and all would return to normal.

Recently, however, things have gotten worse...WAY worse. As of this writting the mouse is totally un-usable. Any attempt to use it will cause the cursor to jump around the screen randomly clicking on stuff. This is where I call out for advice from my brothern...in picking a new mouse.

Here's the rundown of what I like/dislike:
    • Definately wireless and percision is a must as I play a lot of FPS and World of Warcraft
    • Rechargable is nice, but not a necessaty
    • Scroll wheel a must, but extra buttons not necessary
    • Dont need fancy drivers, as I never installed the Logitech ones for my MX1000
    • Bluetooth would be nice
    • Two buttons at least

What are some of the mice others are using out there? I have looked at the Mighty Mouse, and frankly I don't like how the buttons have no tactile feedback. Recommendations would be nice.

2. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Any chance that the logitech drivers would fix the problems your having? I use the MX1000 and haven't had these issues.