mouse and glass

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Nov 16, 2009.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Would it be a good idea to purchase a glass table to work with the optical Apple mice? I havent tried it but i think a glass table would be unsuitable for an optical mouse. What do you think, has anyone tried it id be interested to hearing your experience!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

have u heard of a mouse pad? :) There's only a few mice out there that can track on glass, one of them being my Logitech PMX.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

of course i have heard of a mouse pad, ive been using it before you were born, but thats not the issue, the issue is if apples mice can work on glass, and wich apple mice would that be? if anyone has personal experience please let me know in this thread :)

4. zerohp macrumors member

I have a glass desk and I haven't seen any laser mouse work on it.

5. KidMoe85 macrumors member

No, the only mice that will work on glass are the Logitech mice with Darkfield technology (such as the Performance MX). I think there might be some Microsoft mice that work on glass surfaces also. Definitely not the any of the Apple mice though.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

not even the new Magic Mouse Apple has to offer?

7. Shownarou macrumors regular

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes you are correct, why dont we make a thread for asking/suggesting Apple to implement a better laser to be able to track on glass surfaces?

9. Decker macrumors member

Decker

I got a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse today with "Darkfield" technology. It does in fact work on any surface. I even tried it on the window... tracks perfectly. :D

Ergonomically it feels great to me.

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have a glass desk. So let's start with that. I've gone through about seven different mice, over the past few years, and as previously mentioned, the only one that can work on it is my Logitech Anywhere MX with "darkfield" technology. The MS Bluetrack mice can't do it either.

However, even though I do have a glass table, and the mouse will work on it, I do prefer a mousepad. Instead of getting a grungy cloth mousepad, though, consider the Razer Exactmat. It looks very classy, has a GREAT mousing surface, and is made of aluminum. Very thin. Check it out. Here's the link. I love mine :).

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I've tried out the Anywhere MX mouse but felt really small on my hand, so I sport the behemoth Performance MX.