mouse button

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ankushpatel, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ankushpatel macrumors regular

hello,

on my macbook pro 17" i usually use my trackpad and tap it to click, so recently i was using my laptop and tried to push the button ( the button that goes in under the trackpad) and it does not go in!!!! The button refuses to push in!! what is wrong....

is this a hardware issue? i do have apple care protection?

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I'm guessing it must be jammed. Does it still click? The button isn't really designed to go all the way down to the track pad.

Most likely something got stuck in there. You could get some compressed air and see if that blows anything out maybe?

3. ankushpatel thread starter macrumors regular

click

Well are you supposed to hear a click or at least be able to push it down..?

4. ankushpatel thread starter macrumors regular

battery

Well i looked at something, i took my battery out and the track pad button clicks then. But once i push my battery in the button refuses to click...?

5. freewill macrumors newbie

I have a 17" MBP and the button beneath the trackpad definitely moves when you press it down. Not all the way down to the level of the trackpad, and no audible click, but it's not as if there's zero sound and zero movement--there is definitely tactile response.

What you describe certainly doesn't sound right.

6. ankushpatel thread starter macrumors regular

battery

so i took a look at my battery

THE BLOODY THING IS SWOLLEN IT HAS EXPANDED PUSHING ON THE MOUSE AND TRACKPAD i called apple.

but my battery serial is not under the recall.

Im taking it to my local apple store asap