Mouse Cable Shorter with new iMac... about 10 inches...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sean Dempsey, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

My mac pro came with a wireless keyboard and mouse, which I didn't like much after a while. So I bought a wired mighty mouse from the retail store.

When my new metal iMac arrived, I instantly noticed that the mouse that comes with was ALOT shorter in the cord. About 10 inches.

Is this how it always has been? Or did they shorten the cord just for the new metal keyboard? The shorter cord is alot nicer with the way it plugs into the metal keyboard now, since the USB is so much closer to your right hand. But, this short cord would be a problem for people not using the new keyboard.

Am I the last person to notice this?

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

3. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

wow good to know i just bought the 24" white imac before the new one came out and was glad i did (glossy screen is a turn off for me). but, i ordered the new keyboard due to the grunge factor on the old white keybord and because it matches the white imac perfecly (strange). it is an awesome keyboard. but, the extra length of the mouse wire is a tad irritating. good to know when i replace the mouse...

4. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Actually, the mouse I bought as a standalone unit has the longer cord.

The mouse bundled with the iMac has the shorter cord.

Maybe the mouse I bought was just an older version they were still shipping out.

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

6. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

easy way to check would be to see if the expose buttons are greay or white.