Mouse Click Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macswitcha2, May 27, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

On my iMac (2008), the mouse that came with it is acting strange. It does not want to easily respond to clicks as I click on things. I have to click at least a couple of times before the thing I'm clicking on works. For instance, if I want post this message, clicking on "Submit New Thread" takes about three clicks before it actually works.

It has to be a problem with my mouse because I plugged in the mouse from my eMac and it works perfect.

Do I have to clean it? is there some technical thing I have to do?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If it's a cordless mouse, have you checked the batteries?

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry, it is not a cordless mouse.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since you didn't specify, I had to ask. Try cleaning it and checking the connection to make sure it's secure, nothing frayed or damaged.

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I knew I was not clear hence the apology. Ok how do I clean it because externally it is clean. Is there a way I can take it apart and clean the internals?

6. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, I looked and looked amd found some videos on youtube on cleaning the mouse and without taking it apart, I did the scoll ball and white paper method and used my own innovation of taking the sim card thingy that came with my iPhone and poked it into any space I can move it around and took out a lot of grime. Cleaned off my mouse and plugged it in and it works perfect again, well not soo perfect because the scroll ball has ceased to work months ago.