Mouse click question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Maverick68, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Maverick68 macrumors newbie

New to Apple. Had my Mini about 1 week. I am using a Logitech mouse. I have dual monitors hooked up so browser in Monitor A and Entourage on Monitor B.

Hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense. I am currently typing on this forum using Firefox as my browser, a new email comes in, I move the mouse and click on the new email (in Entourage, expecting to read it in the preview pane), but instead of instantly going to that message (like Windows would), Apple simply activates that app/window and then I have to click the email line that I want to read again.

In other words, instead of a single click to read that email, it is one click to activate Entourage and a 2nd click to look at the email I want to read.

Much less efficient and somewhat frustrating to relearn what I have come to expect on Windows for 15 years.

Thoughts?

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

How is this related to the mouse? Obviously the software ...

3. Maverick68 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you say "obviously the software", are you referring to the Snow Leopard?

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

What you're talking about is called click-through, and some apps just don't have it. Daring Fireball has an old but still interesting write-up about it; http://daringfireball.net/2003/05/the_problems_with_clickthrough

Dybbuk's point is that this isn't a mouse/peripheral question, it's a matter of software, and not just OS X but each app.

5. Maverick68 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fascinating.

Being a Windows users for all these years, I guess I just assumed everything worked the same for such a subtle thing.

Thanks!