Mouse Clicks not Registering

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jcuk, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jcuk macrumors member

Hi,

I have a MBP 13" 2.23Ghz model with stock memory and hard disk.

This issue only occurs when primarily trying to close windows or use the close / minimize / maximise buttons on the top left of each window.

This does not happen in any specific programs, it happens in them all, seems to occur when reptitively closing safari / quicktime X windows.

It does not happen after a consecutive number of clicks, just at random.

Essentially what happens is, at random, the click is not recogised on the window navigation. The click just does not register, I am required to physically drag the window slightly, as if its gone to sleep and needs waking up.

This is extremely annoying when I want to close multiple windows reptitively and quickly.

It happens with both the track pad and the mouse when left clicking.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and have been experiencing this problem since I got my mac back in november.

THis happens when it is plugged in to an external display or not and also when power is plugged in or not.

Any suggestions people? I've failed to come accross anything like this during searching.

Cheers
    Jamie

2. ethanbert macrumors newbie

same issue

I have encountered the exact same issue:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 2009
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

I haven't found any reason for it, but the issue is only irksome, not really substantial enough to ruin my day or anything.

3. greythorne macrumors regular

I am facing the exact same issue but only with the Microsoft comfort mouse 4500. I know it is very annoying and this issue do not occur in Windows 7 using bootcamp. I am not sure if the issue is because of Mac OS X or the mouse.

4. anorchidtexture macrumors newbie

i have an issue thats similar, also running snow leopard on a 2007 mbp--on random bootups i get a problem where my mouse clicks and rollovers (ie rolling over the dock icons) are not recognized. right clicks dont work, and key functions dont seem to have any effect either, although i can still move the cursor and the hardware is still receiving power.
    normally a hard reboot will fix it, though i dont really like doing that, but this morning i went through this 3 times before it fixed itself.
    any thoughts? i havent seen this issue in other threads and i posted here because it was the closest i could find to my problem...

5. dmatarazzo macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I'm having the exact same issue. It must be on the OS-level because I have a Magic Trackpad and the phenomenon exists whether I'm using it or my Macbook Air's trackpad.

It's very frustrating.

6. mixman macrumors member

I have this very same problem on a 2011 13" MBA.

7. jgz macrumors regular

jgz

I had this problem once! A full reinstall without any TM-Backups solved this problem in my case!