Mouse Cursor Drop Shadow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aussieNickuss, Apr 18, 2010.

1. aussieNickuss macrumors newbie

I have funny problem, well more of an annoyance than a problem. On my MBP, after maybe a day or two without rebooting (ie. just closing the lid), the mouse cursor drop shadow disappears and the cursor gets jaggy/aliased edges (imagine the cursor from Windows XP, but black). A reboot will bring it back.

The MacBook Pro is a stock late 2009 17" - 2.8Ghz, 4GB etc. with Mac OS X 10.6.3 (this annoyance has happened since 10.6.1). I have the graphics mode set to performance as 90% of the time I use the machine, I'm plugged in.

I've tried to see if there's a pattern to it, but it's seemingly random. Sometimes it's the same day as a reboot, sometimes I go a whole week without rebooting and still have the proper cursor. It's pretty weird. I originally thought it may have related to opening the lid while on battery power, however it's happened a couple of times when I've opened the lid while plugged.

Anybody experienced the same thing?

Edit: Another interesting point.... if I plug an external display in, the cursor gets back its shadow, but then when I unplug the screen, it will return to the jaggy look (until a reboot).

2. StEvEnGtR macrumors member

StEvEnGtR

3. aussieNickuss thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Steven. I suck when it comes to successfully finding old related threads.

Bit of a bugger about the bug, it makes my MBP feel Un-Apple like. It has happened again just now (opening the lid after a few hours of sleeping).