Mouse cursor motion problem in Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hnfmr, Jan 15, 2010.

1. hnfmr macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2010
    Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to post my problem.

On my MBP 15, I've tried 3 different mice, (Razer Lachesis, Logitech G5, and an OCZ optical mouse), the cursor motion is just not as smooth as in Windows....I have a feeling of softness, slight inaccuracy, and random movement when trying to point something.. I've tried the solid desk surface, IceMat, typical mousepad, and a Razer softpad...they are more or less the same.

Bizzarrely, the cheap OCZ laser mouse + a typical mousepad combo is much better....

I just wonder if Mac has inferior hardware mouse pointer tracking support....:confused: . do you experience this kind of problem?.(and sorry about my poor English)
  2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008
    I've worked on all sorts of Macs and I've never had a problem with the mouse motion (except with the old puck mice, but that was a mouse hardware design issue).

I've always found it smooth and similar to windows (at work I have a mac and a PC at my desk and notice no difference going between them).

I'm assuming you fine tuned the settings in OSX? Also, since your using a mouse with your laptop, did you turn the trackpad off so nothing is resting against it (like a palm or stray finger)?
  3. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    You are probably talking about the difference between the way an OS-X mouse and a Windows mouse work--they are different--so it is understandable that you notice it. There are a ton of posts here on mouse movement--just search and you will see what I mean.