Mouse doing crazy things on 15 2013 retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by conanthewarrior, May 26, 2019.

1. conanthewarrior macrumors member

Hi everyone, last year I upgraded from my 13" mid 2010 MBP to a much faster 15" i7 2013 model.

Unfortunately, around about a week ago, I cleaned the outside of my MBP, including keyboard and trackpad with some wipes, and immediately after the mouse was zooming in to things, moving around on its own, and getting stuck.

I have looked online and it seems it may just be coincidence it happened after cleaning, but I am not sure.

I have reset the PRAM and SMC, this hasn't helped.

Today I noticed if I press upwards underneath the MBP, towards the right of the trackpad, it seems to move and not get stuck.

Any ideas here on what could be wrong? I thought it may have been a swollen battery, but with the pushing helping I thought this would make it worse, not better?

2. conanthewarrior thread starter macrumors member

Any ideas anyone? It is driving me crazy, not only is the mouse either not moving, or moving by itself, but windows are also opening and closing, search is randomly opening on safari tabs, and applications opening themselves.

I'm honestly wondering if it is possible someone is messing with me somehow, although I know the likelihood of that is pretty much non existent.

I need to get a mouse to try, but if it is something simple money is very tight and is an expense I could do without.

The battery does not appear swollen in any way.

3. tamu78uh86 macrumors newbie

tamu78uh86

--- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2019 ---
    I have an early 2013 Retina MBP and if I remember correctly, I had a similar problem 2-3 years ago with my trackpad. I had to have the trackpad replaced.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Putting two and two together it sounds like your cleaning attempt is the cause and there may have been some level of liquid intrusion or trackpad failure related to your cleaning