Mouse drivers

thecow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
The mouse that I have a a Logitech Mx1000. It is a great mouse but the mac drivers that came with it from Logitech are not very good. You can't customize the buttons for specific applications, which I used A LOT with my old Macally mouse. Also you can't adjust the speed of the side scrolling, which is so slow that it isn't practical. The slow speed makes it a totally useless feature. I already tried USB Overdrive, but that doesn't even work. It won't let me customize the buttons for anything. It will say that I changed the settings, but it doesn't actually change anything. The activity monitor shows that there is a USB Overdrive Helper running, so I guess that isn't the problem.

thecow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
Ok, I guess I posted this at a bad time, right when we where switching servers and not very many people saw it. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
thecow said:
Ok, I guess I posted this at a bad time, right when we where switching servers and not very many people saw it. So does anyone have any suggestions?
Write a detailed letter with your issues and send it to Logitech. Maybe if people told them what they wanted in the deivce drivers, it might get added. I would also recommend that you tell them that with the current state of the device driver, you're contemplating returning the mouse.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.