Mouse Drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blubbert, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I have a problem with my mouse. Its a Logitech mouse, the MX400. The problem im having is the inability to map the buttons on this mouse the way i want to and need to. I want to map the fifth button on the mouse as the fifth button.
    As the situation is right now, the fifth button is mapped weirdly. In finder it acts like the left click, but in every other application it acts like the 5th mouse button. I want the button mapped properly because im quite dependent on mouse gestures, and Quicksilvers abracadabra plugin is configured to use the fifth mouse button. The plug in works fine for the most part, but problems arise when im trying to use mouse gestures in Finder. When using mouse gestures in Finder, Quicksilver recognises the input, and everything works, but OSX interferes with what i want to do by drawing a lasso, as if i was clicking and holding the left click button.

I have installed the logitech control center software, and that caused me to get two kernel panics in quick sucession, so i had to give up on even trying to work out my problem that way.
    I have also installed Steermouse, and with it i could only map 3 different clicks, left, right and middle which prevented me from using Abracadabra at all.

I was wondering if there existed some other means of configuring mice on OSX, becase the constant lassoing is getting annoying.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

nope thats logitechs fault for making ****y drivers. youll just have to put up with not being able to use the extra buttons in OS X unless theres a third party app to the rescue. ive got a mighty mouse and its perfect. the 360 scroll ball is great and being able to click the scroll ball for a feature is awesome! having the MM drivers built into the OS adds to its ease of use and simplicity.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I still haven't run into these issues with the Logitech Control Center that many user report here.

4. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Ill try that, and report what happens.