Mouse for Jump Desktop

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sodium Chloride, May 30, 2019.

1. Sodium Chloride macrumors regular

What mouse would you recommend that works for Jump Desktop for the iPad? The mouse will be used for Excel so precise and quick movement is crucial. I want it to be ergonomic too.

Thank you!

2. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

Jump Desktop only supports 2 mice: The Citrix X1 and the SwiftPoint GT mouse. I use the Citrix X1 as it feels more like a traditional mouse to me.

3. kalex macrumors 65816

Currently only 2 options. I also have X1, its expensive and pretty basic but works. Although this will most likely change with ios13 as it now supports any wired or bluetooth mouse so I'm guessing that Jump and Citrix will support them as well. I tried it with logitech bluetooth mouse and it worked without issues

4. chrism_scotland macrumors member

Its a big leap to assume that Citrix and Jump will support any mouse - their mouse capability is driven by the software and not the iPad - given that the mouse capability looks quite limited on iPadOS v the full capability provided by Citrix and Jump I think it could be a long time before we can use just any BT mouse.

Also why would Citrix want to open it up when they can get enterprise to pay £100 for a mouse?...

On topic though the Citrix X1 is a good mouse, I got one for about £25 on Ebay and it works nicely - I tried the Swiftpoint but it felt a bit strange to me and its £150! - size is nice for travelling though!

I would love to get my Logitech MX Anywhere working with it though!

5. wrkngclasshero macrumors regular

wrkngclasshero

Jump’s twitter account has been replying to folks for the last few days confirming they are going to add support for more mice in iOS13.

6. chrism_scotland macrumors member

Ah that’s good news!

7. chrism_scotland macrumors member

Well I've got iPadOS 13 installed and I've been using my Logitech MX Anywhere 2S with Citrix - its not perfect (its running off the accessibility mode set of features) - it actually works pretty well although not being able to right click like I can with the Citrix X1 is a pain!