Mouse for MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gilbert1020, May 30, 2009.

1. gilbert1020 macrumors regular

gilbert1020

I am looking for a good cheap wireless mouse.
    preferably with two buttons for right clicking.
    Any suggestions?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Logitech's line is good v470 (?) can be found for $20 some places.
    Rocketfish -- awesome MM replacement.
    Razer Pro|Click feels great and is small (using it with my mini and a rocketfish on my MP).

3. gilbert1020 thread starter macrumors regular

gilbert1020

Thanks, I think I'm gonna go with the Rocketfish. Good price, and very minimalist.

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

What are you getting a mouse for? When I just got my MacBook, I was looking for one too. After getting used to the touchpad, though, I stopped wanting a mouse. The touchpad is just perfect. (All in my opinion, of course.)

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I am the same way. I spent about $70 on Mighty Mouse and I would rather use the trackpad too. Between the multi-finger gestures and the keyboard shortcuts it has become so much more convenient than a mouse.

6. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I'm also looking for a replacement for my Mighty Mouse. I need a mouse that will work well with both OS X and Windows. I'm considering the Logitech V470 w/bluetooth, or the V450 or VX Nano, both with USB mini-plug. What advantages/disadvantages are there to bluetooth vs. USB wireless?

7. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I'm using the Razorfish mouse. It cost $26.99 at Best Buy. It's very difficult to find a bluetooth mouse at that price, especially since it is almost a MM clone.

8. gilbert1020 thread starter macrumors regular

gilbert1020

I am using macbook on an external display at home so I want a mouse to use a mouse.

9. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Fair enough. If you'll indeed only be using it at home, at a desk, why bother with a wireless mouse? Most have a charging stand that uses up quite some desk space. Bleh! If I were you, I'd just use a wired mouse. You won't have to remember to charge it, plus you won't ever have to change batteries. It will just work. Having said that, if you are keen on getting a bluetooth mouse, then I can state from first hand experience that the Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Laser Mouse 8000 (the full sized version) is a very good mouse.

10. gilbert1020 thread starter macrumors regular

gilbert1020

I might consider a wired mouse, but I prefer less clutter wires wise.
    I have heard great reviews on the rocketfish and for the price of 26.99 it's a great price. I just graduated from highschool and the rocketfish really works into my budget compared to other Bluetooth mouse.

11. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

How much are you thinking of spending? I'm considering a couple of the radtech mice. I have a MacBook and really love the trackpad, but for playing games (diablo, maybe the sims if I can find it cheap, stuff like that), I really would like a mouse. Thing is, I don't want to spend too much just for a bit of fun....so I'm not sure exactly what I want just yet.

12. gilbert1020 thread starter macrumors regular

gilbert1020

I was thinking of spending no more than 35.00,
    I purchased the rocketfish mouse yesterday and I have to tell you its great.
    Works very well and it looks identical to the mighty mouse for much cheaper!
    I highly reccomend the rocketfish mouse. Check it out on bestbuy.com

13. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

1 vote for the Logitech Nano. Its great, has a super small (really, super super small) USB receiver, and gets the job done.

[​IMG]

14. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Is that the V450 Nano or the VX Nano?

15. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

V450

16. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Just went to Best Buy today and they had the rocketfish on sale from 49.99 to $17.99!!!

Picked one up and couldn't be happier the wireless works amazing and much better right clicking and scrolling than the mighty mouse.

17. martynmc7 macrumors regular

Definitely go with the V450 Nano, it's excellent (and comes in silver to match your unibody). I had the V470 and the bluetooth connection dropped out quite alot and the tracking was very poor.

If you want more of my opinion see my review of the V450 on my blog at: http://martynmcfarquhar.blogspot.com