Mouse for MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ' r i S e n, May 24, 2011.

1. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

I want a mouse mainly for once I start gaming on my Mac and I am assuming that a USB mouse would be the best in terms of response. Is this a solid assumption?

With that being said, any recommendations as far as gaming goes? I have a Razer Deathadder from a long past of gaming but I think it's time for something new and I have been out of it for some time - so any suggestions would be much appreciated. ^^;

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

In general, a wired mouse is going to give you a better response time than any kind of wireless mouse. How much a difference it makes is debateable.

I currently have a Razer Mamba and love it. Plus it gives you the best of both worlds (wired and wireless).

3. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply.

I have always preferred wired anything over wireless, really - it just always feels like it is giving me better response.

It seems like I may have to give Razer a look again - I really love my Death Adder and will take a look at their newer products.

Also, I am thinking about a Headset for my MacBook Pro. I just want something with good sound quality, and it doesn't even have to have a Mic. In fact, I would prefer it to not have a Mic attached to it. I suppose I am looking for headphones, then. : ) Does anyone have any suggestions for that as well?

Thanks all.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

These are on the pricey side, but I invested in a pair of the A40s a while ago and they are awesome.

http://www.astrogaming.com/

It comes with a mic but it is detachable. And it is also compatible with XBox 360 and PS3.

5. phas3 macrumors 65816

I use my Razer Mamba from my gaming PC. I can tell no difference between wired and wireless with this mouse. Plus it has the ability to go wired or wireless as well and I really like the charging dock that comes with the mouse.

6. glen e macrumors 68030

I can tell no diff between my logitech wired and wireless mice - both solid performers...

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Agreed. Any of the new wireless Logitech mice with the USB Unifying receiver are amazing, puts that magic mouse crap i bought to shame,thing took for ever to connect to bluetooth.

Id check it out, the receiver is tiny and works much better than the bluetooth. Trust me when i say you wont regret that purchase. Here's a link to the one i have: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5870

8. glen e macrumors 68030

I esp like the mini usb nub...it does not catch on any sleeves or cases....

9. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

This sounds pretty interesting considering the alleged positive response being wireless - I will be sure to take wireless into consideration when making a decision, and any more recommendations are welcome. Thanks everyone.

10. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Another vote for Logitech. I have two, one for my desktop and one for my laptop bag. (Use one Macbook for both.)

11. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

I've held logitech mice before and I found a lot of their models to be pretty awkward. The shape of a majority of them is just really unnecessary, it seems.

12. glen e macrumors 68030

I REALLY like this mouse - it is the Logitech M305 and perfect for road travel. Easy to hold - zips around the screen as well as my PC mice and the USB nub is so small it does not catch on on anything like a case or packing....about $15 on Amazon
    [​IMG]