Mouse for my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jak3, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Jak3 macrumors regular

As cool as the trackpad is, it's not enough for gaming (although if I could game on it I would be above 1337 status) so I'm looking into a mouse (usb obviously).

Now here are things I'm looking for in the mouse

symmetrical with programmable buttons or completly left handed.
    high enough dpi (1600 or above, 1800 preferable but at this point I couldn't care less)

I've looked, but so far my results have come back as either Windows compatible only or right handed only or sub par dpi, so I've decided to ask the community, seeing as there has to be someone out there in a similar situation.

Now, if it really comes down to it, I guess I'll have to get a right handed mouse, but I'd really like to finally be able to use what feels natural.

Thanks for your help.

Jak3

2. Jak3 thread starter macrumors regular

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

assuming that the mouse is USB, I don't see why it would matter whether it's Apple or not. I use a logitech optical mouse purchased for an old windows machine; I like the feel and it works fine on my newish iMac. For my iBook, I use a Microsoft optical mouse.

The only issue might be how high the resolution is, but any mouse should work as long as it's usb.

4. Eosblue macrumors member

Don't have a clue about your resolution question. I'm using a Mighty Mouse (BT) with my MB and it works great. Never had a problem with it. Before I was using a Loditech BT and occasionally, it would fail to hook up when bringing the MB out of sleep mode. When that happened, most of the time I had to do a cold shutdown and then reboot. When doing this, the Loditech always came up normally.

Never tried a USB mouse as I don't like the cord sticking out.

5. Jak3 thread starter macrumors regular

they all say required XP, Vista sort of thing...so I'm assuming that they wouldn't work for OSX *shrug*

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Maybe they only provide drivers for those versions. That doesn't mean it won't work with osx.

7. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

If you need a symmetrical mouse, your best bet is Razor.

My favorite Razer mouse is Copperhead. Its laser, 2000 dpi, designed for Claw grip.

It doesnt have OS X drivers, but that is easily fixed by USB Overdrive.