Mouse Goes Crazy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zamboknee, Jan 13, 2017.

1. zamboknee macrumors regular

My wired mouse will, for no reason, just jut right or left or here or there.
    I bought a new mouse and put it in there but the problem persists.
    The new mouse (and I think the old one) is an IR mouse.
    What's going on?
    What steps should I take here?

2. zamboknee thread starter macrumors regular

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

It's possible but unlikely to be a fault with the computer, or the mouse for that matter. What surface are you using it on? I believe they all say that you can use it on any surface, but in my experience this often leads to similar problems that you've been having. Try a proper mousemat if you're not using one, and see how it works.

Otherwise is the cable getting snagged at all? The mouse could be quite sensitive and simply reacting to the vibrations of you typing on a keyboard for instance.

Anyway there's a few things it could be, but start with a mousemat and a flat surface and leave the device for 5 minutes and see if it does anything.

4. ihatetoregister Suspended

ihatetoregister

Have you tried to use a mousepad ?
    Some models are more sensitive to reflective surface than others. If it's a new mouse, it might very well be that.
    Also, just in case because I've seen someone doing that : You're sure you're not touching the trackpad by mistake when this happens ?

5. zamboknee thread starter macrumors regular

I put a dark piece of cardboard in place of mousepad but didn't help. Trackpad is closed up and inaccessible during this issue

6. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Try using a proper mousepad just to rule it out. A piece of cardboard or magazine would probably make it worse.