mouse going crazy after coming out of sleep mode

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by austinsevo, Jan 5, 2009.

1. austinsevo macrumors regular

At work im working on a mac pro 2x 2.8ghz quad core xeon.. when it comes out of sleep the mouse acts fine for about 5 secounds.. and then starts darting all over the place and then freezes in one area. I can stick click but not move the mouse.

This is what i have tried so far.

1. disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse.
    2. Looked in console for any weird mouse errors.
    3. put it back to sleep and woke it back up.
    4. restarted.
    5. changed the energy saver options.
    6. looked around mouse and keyboard cp for options.
    7. tried another mouse.
    8. tried using a mouse pad.

this is what has worked, but only works for about 5 secounds before it goes crazy again and then stops moving.

1. force quit the finder.

if i restart it, its fine till i put it to sleep and then it all starts over again.

the system is fully patched to 10.5.6 with all the efi updates from apple update.

2. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

ok i looked at the system.log more close and found this!

Jan 5 17:51:38 lakcurranmac com.apple.launchd[1] (org.samba.nmbd): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds
    Jan 5 17:51:42 lakcurranmac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=-1 dy=1
    Jan 5 17:51:47 lakcurranmac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=0 dx=-22
    Jan 5 17:51:47 lakcurranmac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=0 dx=0
    Jan 5 17:51:47 lakcurranmac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=1 dy=-11
    Jan 5 17:51:47 lakcurranmac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=0 dx=0
    Jan 5 17:51:47: --- last message repeated 8 times ---

and it keeps going for pages and pages...

3. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

i've had a somewhat similar but not near as bad problem. after waking from sleep it takes about 5-10 seconds before i can move the pointer.
    but after that it's fine....

4. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

i wish it was that easy, i have to restart the computer for the issue to go away...

any suggestions guys? im quite stumped, i searched on the net but every thread i found with my error code has no answer )-:

5. Virtuoso macrumors regular

I have the exact same problem, which started after I updated to 10.5.6. I've no idea how to fix it though - I've just stopped using sleep mode altogether.

6. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

That's annoying! I was going to say use another mouse until I saw you'd got that covered. Short term; I'd turn off auto sleep and just have display sleep.

Have you tried using different USB ports to see if that helps?

It could be a hardware issue, but if you've tried everything else you could reinstall the OS.

7. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

yes i have tried different ports... no luck.

it may have to do with 10.5.6 as i recently upgraded him.

8. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

9. StanD macrumors member

Figured I'd chime in here and say that I too am having this exact same problem!

Put the machine to sleep and upon wake up the mouse acts all kinds of crazy and eventually freezes.

Glad I am not alone,

- Stan

10. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

we are not alone.. if you look up on google the error code theres a few other cases.. but no solutions.

please advise guys :-/

11. austinsevo thread starter macrumors regular

so i guess the Mac Pro is just buggy? for a seven thousand dollar machine this is pretty unacceptable.

12. dopebutcher macrumors newbie

exact same issue here. seems to be a bug in 10.5.6....

i'll check out the dev site to see if anything has been acknowledged about this issue....

13. onthewave macrumors newbie

onthewave

MOUSE FREEZE MacPro 10.5.6 after ScreenSaver FCP-Hard Boot reqd

Yep same problem. Tore everything out of my new MacPro 2.8 8Core, thought the KONA 3 drivers were causing or the plague of bad memory I got twice from Memory America. Tried everything all of you have tried except a different USB Port...Seems to me this is a bug with OS X 10.5.6 that Apple has already denied to me and advised a Motherboard swap! It smells like System 7.5 all over again...instability and no responsibility!:(:apple::eek:

Also seems to only exhibit this problem on MacPro/INTEL MACHINES only...

14. jloakland macrumors newbie

Me too

hey folks, exact same thing is happening with my mac pro. after reading through blogs, I thought the solution would be resetting the smc but that did nothing.

15. idiotboy999 macrumors newbie

It's interesting you mention the KONA 3 drivers and bad ram. I have both. Removed the ram, sent in for replacement, and still no solution. Still have KONA drivers installed, have you tried uninstalling those? Maybe I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

16. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

We have been discussing this issue for 3 months on the Apple Support Forums. I don't think we will get any love from Apple until Snow Leopard arrives but please check out my thread.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1828126