Mouse grime?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by waynesun, Jan 3, 2008.

1. waynesun macrumors regular

waynesun

I received a Logitech LX7 wireless mouse from my brother for christmas.. it's the only mouse i've ever had this problem with!
    After a few minutes of usage, grime seems to quickly form directly below my fingers... this has never happened with previous mice.

Does anybody know what causes this?
    Thanks!

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

It could just be the kind of material the mouse is made out of.

3. TotalNoob macrumors newbie

Your hands clean ? ;)

JK, I would take some rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe the mouse down and see if that helps, maybe theres some residue on it from when it was made

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's a pretty good point. Some surfaces (rubber, for example) can make your sweat accumulate. Washing your hands prior to use may help.

5. waynesun thread starter macrumors regular

waynesun

Haha, I will try that.
    Washing hands seems to help... but after a while, the mouse just builds up grime again.. i guess there's nothing i can do about this? It didn't happen with my old optical mouse (made out of the matte material rather than this glossy surface). I've always gotta keep a cloth handy to be sure that all the grime comes off. It's an unbelievable hassle!

My bro gave this mouse to me for christmas.. so i don't want to be so quick to rid of it. I'll try the rubbing alcohol.. thanks for the responses!